Friday, September 5, 2008

Journal #1



Hi everyone! My name is Dong, you can call me Don. I am from Vietnam, a small country in southern Asia. I was born in Cai Be, a small town is far about 100km south of Ho Chi Minh city, the biggest city in Vietnam. Since I was eleven, I have not lived near my parent. I had to go to HCM city to live with brother for my studying. Becasue my father told that moving to overthere my future could be better. After I had graduated university as civil engineer, I went back my hometown and had been working there for two year for. Then I told my father I want to go to the US to continue studying. He absolutely agreed, for he always encourage me in studying. I came to the US last year and this is my third semester in ALP. My persuit is to get master degree at civil engineering. Since I came here until last semester, I had never been out of town. Then I decided to visit my sister in North Carolina after the Sping had closed. I had a lot of fun there. Now my closedest goal is to get a good TOEFL score. All I need is 550 TOEFL. It is not difficult to me. However, a thing I concern most now is my pronounciation, sometimes I have had some wrong with it. I recorgnize it. I have leaned very much in ALP, and I hope they will help me and other students more as much as posible. Good luck to them and Good luck to me.

No comments: